Air Fry Potatoes are probably the fastest roast potatoes you’ve ever made.
The Crisp, Crunchy Garlic Onion Air Fry Potatoes are my ultimate snack. Forget the chips, my new thing is to make a big batch of these crispy baby potatoes and eat them.
The other day, I made a pound of potatoes and I must admit: I ate it all. I was having a rough day and my usual bag of ranch chips was not at home. In the fridge there was a bag of baby potatoes, so I put them in the air fryer, cut in half and mixed with olive oil and a huge amount of garlic and onion. in powder.
Twenty minutes later the potatoes came out: incredibly golden, hot and crisp. So much better than a bag of crisps. Best of all, it’s not that kind of silly shovel that happens when I eat French fries. No, it was thoughtful, nice, hmm, this nugget is just a little more creamy than the last, will the next one be more crispy, rather eaten. It was the contemplation of the roasted potato at its best.
Why you should air fryer potatoes
If you love potatoes, then air fryer potatoes are for you! You don’t have to turn on the oven and the result is 100% the same, maybe even better. The air flowing through an air fryer makes the exteriors crisp all over and the interiors perfectly soft. Plus, they’re healthier than fried quarters or roasts because you hardly use any oil. Air fryers also cook faster because air fryers are smaller than ovens, so there isn’t as much space to heat up.
How to make potatoes in the air fryer
- Preparation. Rub, dry and cut your baby potatoes in half. Or, if you’re using regular potatoes, cut them into even-sized pieces.
- Launch. Combine the cut potatoes in olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Air fry. Add the dressed potatoes to your air fryer basket and fry at 400 ° F for 20 minutes, stirring or shaking halfway through cooking.
- Eat. Remove from the air fryer and enjoy hot!
The best potatoes to use
I like to use baby / new potatoes – they are small and creamy and when you cut them in half they have both a half and a half exposed with a little potato skin. You can also use regular potatoes, simply cut into small pieces.
How long to cook potatoes in the air fryer
20 minutes is what you need for perfectly tender and creamy potatoes on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside of the golden potatoes.
At what temperature should you air fry the potatoes
400 ° F is the ideal air frying temperature for air fryer potatoes.
Which air fryer do you have?
If you are wondering which fryer we have, it’s this one. It is quiet and easy to clean and has a fairly large basket.
Other potato flavors
- Ranch – 1 teaspoon of buttermilk powder, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder
- a barbecue – 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, onion powder, brown sugar, garlic powder
- Sour cream and onion – 1 teaspoon of buttermilk powder, onion powder, garlic powder
- Spice – 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, onion powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder
- Any bagel – 1 tablespoon of all bagel spices
What to serve with potatoes
Air fryer potatoes
These crisp and crunchy airy garlic and onion fry potatoes are probably the fastest roasted potatoes you’ve ever made.
- 1 kg small potatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Air fryer potatoes
Quantity per serving
Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value *
Large 3.6 g6%
Saturated fat 0.5 g3%
Cholesterol 0.01 mg0%
Sodium 12 mg1%
Potassium 482 mg14%
Carbohydrates 15.1 g5%
Protein 3.1 g6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.