Hello! I’m back there with a Tiktok ramen recipe. I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to Tiktok and all the viral food hacks they have – I’m hooked. This Tiktok ramen was too easy not to try. Plus I had all the ingredients in the pantry so it was a quick and satisfying lunch. That was delicious!
Tiktok ramen is sassy, slightly sweet, full of umami, and really tasty. The flavors remind me of an extra garlic version of one of my all-time favorite instant noodles: Indomie Mi Goreng, which is a take on Indonesian fried noodles.
I feel like everyone has their favorite way of making instant ramen. To be honest, I think instant ramen is one of the greatest inventions! The person who invented it, Momofuku Ando, a Taiwanese-Japanese inventor, has a quote that I love: Human beings are noodle beings.
I’m definitely a noodle being and all I wanna do is eat noodles and live this noodle life.
What is Tiktok ramen?
Tiktok ramen is where you use instant ramen noodles, ditch the seasoning packet, and make your own sauce. Unlike soup-y ramen, Tiktok ramen is ramen without soup, much like mazemen or sesame noodles. Ramen noodles are tossed in a brown soybean sugar sauce with garlic butter, cooked with an egg and finished with a pinch of all the bagel seasoning.
Do Tiktok ramen taste good?
In short: YES! Tiktok ramen is sweet and savory with an added richness of butter and egg, and just a hint of spice. Super addicting.
How to make Tiktok ramen
- Cook your instant ramen. Don’t overcook – soft noodles are a travesty. Instant ramen should have an al dente bite. Put the noodles in boiling water, set a timer, use a pair of chopsticks to chop them up, and when the time is up, instantly drain them and set them aside. Pro tip: if you are a real noodle lover, cook the noodles a little less than the suggested cooking time, they will cook a little more while you add them to the sauce. This way you will have perfectly al dente noodles.
- Prepare the sauce. In a frying pan, heat the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until tender. Stir in the crushed red pepper, then the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Launch. Add the drained noodles to the pan, increase the heat and toss to coat.
- Cook the egg. Push the noodles to one side and add an egg to the pan and mix until just set.
- To serve. Place the noodles in a bowl and finish with the sliced green onions and all of the bagel spice. Enjoy hot!
Tiktok Ramen Ingredients
instant ramen – choose your favorite brand of instant ramen. The flavor doesn’t matter because you’re not going to use the seasoning packet. Our favorite noodles are Nong Shim Shin Ramyun because of the thickness of the noodles.
- butter – a little butter is melted to cook the garlic.
- Garlic – you need about 1 teaspoon of chopped or minced garlic. Or, if you’re a garlic lover, use as many cloves as you can handle.
- brown sugar – the brown sugar adds a little sweetness and color to the caramel. If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use regular sugar or even honey.
- soya sauce – use your favorite soy sauce – we love Yamasa or Kikkoman.
- crushed red pepper flakes – you can add as many chilli flakes as you want or remove them all together, depending on your tolerance for spices.
- Egg – throw an egg on it because ramen without an egg isn’t even ramen.
- all spicy bagel – rain any spice bagel!
Why all spicy bagel?
Anything spicy for a bagel is LIFE. Plus, when you think about it, anything spicy for bagels is basically furikake, which is the seasoning of Japanese rice. Furikake is a seasoning made from toasted sesame seeds and seaweed and is eaten over rice and noodles. In Japan, they even have furikake chips. It makes sense that Tiktok ramen uses all the bagel spices to dress the ramen, after all, they have sesame seeds in common.
How to make homemade bagel spices
If you don’t have all the bagel spices, it’s very easy to mix your own.
In a small bowl, mix:
1.5 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, minced garlic and minced onion
1 teaspoon of coarse or flaky salt
Sprinkle it on everything!
If you are looking for other quick and easy noodles, give them a try
Tiktok ramen are instant noodles sautéed with butter, garlic, eggs, and soy sauce. It’s sassy, sweet, full of umami, and really good.
- 1 package instant ramen Favorite Korean brand
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon all spiced bagel or to taste
Cooking times and estimated nutritional value depend on the instant noodles you have chosen.
Quantity per serving
Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value *
Saturated Fat 14.7 g92%
Cholesterol 194 mg65%
Sodium 1245 mg54%
Potassium 87 mg2%
Carbohydrates 62.5 g21%
Protein 15.9 g32%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.