You’re 3-7 minutes away from your perfect egg with these Instant Pot Eggs. What are you waiting for?!
Do you like eggs? I think eggs are the perfect food. It’s pure protein, it’s delicious, you can make it, and it goes with just about anything. I have been boiling eggs since I was little but not anymore because Instant Pot Eggs are here to stay!
This is a handy guide on how to whip the perfect eggs – hard-boiled, medium, and calf – every time, quickly and easily in the Instant Pot.
I have to admit that I have forever resisted changing the way I make eggs. I mean, it’s so easy to boil eggs in a pot on the stove, isn’t it? But then when I tried to increase my protein and ate so many eggs in a week, I decided to make them in the Instant Pot and never came back. It is so easy.
Why you should make eggs in the Instant Pot
I feel like once you’ve tried it once you won’t need to be convinced, but here are a few reasons why you should cook your eggs in the Instant Pot:
- You don’t have to watch the pot. It’s a play and forget system. You just put the eggs in, put them in, and then when it beeps you know they’re ready. With regular hard-boiled eggs you have to watch the heat source, make sure nothing is overflowing, basically you are looking at a pan. No more, I say! These eggs will set you free from it all.
- The eggs are perfect. Do you want to boil hard? Jammy? Soft boiled? Instant Pot eggs are always perfect.
- Quickly. Believe it or not, these eggs are (slightly) faster!
- They peel easily! If you constantly google: how to perfectly peel eggs, here is the answer. The shells practically fall off – at least if you boil them hard or medium. I’ve found that soft-boiled eggs don’t peel easily, but if you’re going to eat them from an egg cup, it doesn’t really matter too much.
- Meal preparation. You can whip up a dozen eggs at one time, perfect for preparing meals for all those keto life buddies.
How many eggs can I cook in the Instant Pot?
As much as you want! You can craft one or a dozen. You have to make sure that the eggs do not touch the water because what we are doing is steaming them. The medium sized instant pot will likely fit 6 eggs per layer. The supports will help you if you want to make a bunch of eggs at a time.
Do you like soft-boiled eggs, soft-boiled eggs or hard-boiled eggs?
For me, I love them all! I love a fluffy egg with toast, candied eggs to eat alone, and hard-boiled eggs to make stuffed eggs. I think the Instant Pot made me fall in love with eggs again.
How long for perfect eggs?
For just whites and a very runny yolk, you need 3 minutes at high pressure.
For medium hard-boiled eggs, medium-firm whites and a jammy yolk, you need 5 minutes at high pressure.
For hard-boiled eggs with firm whites and a completely set yolk, you need 7 minutes on high pressure.
How to Make Instant Pot Eggs
- Put the eggs in the pot. Place your eggs in the pot on the steam rack with 1 cup of water.
- Set the pressure to high. Set the pressure to high and cook for 3-7 minutes, depending on the desired doneneses.
- Quick release. Quick release and immediately immerse the eggs in an ice bath, peel and enjoy!
What to eat with eggs
Instant Pot Eggs
- eggs as needed (about 6 per coat)
- 1 Cup the water it doesn’t change no matter how many eggs you produce
Instant Pot Eggs
Quantity per serving (1 egg)
Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value *
Saturated Fat 1.6 gten%
Cholesterol 186.5 mg62%
Sodium 62 mg3%
Potassium 63 mg2%
Carbohydrates 0.6 g0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.