Air fryer bacon is crispy, easy to handle, and quick. You’ll never want to make bacon any other way.
Frying bacon is always a chore – you have to be patient enough that each strip is perfectly crisp, twice because a packet of bacon won’t fit in a standard frying pan.
There have been countless tips to get around this: microwave bacon, baked bacon, heck, I’ve even seen barbecue bacon. But the easiest, crispiest and best way is to use the air fryer.
Why you should cook bacon in the air fryer:
- no mess: it’s self-contained with much less splashing than cooking on the stovetop, microwave, or baking.
- quickly: it only takes 8 minutes for the crispy bacon compared to preheating the oven and then baking for 20 minutes.
- hands free: you don’t need baby that bacon, more to stay by the stove to flip the bacon 🙂
How long to cook bacon in the air fryer
8 to 10 minutes at 360 ° F.
Thick cut vs regular bacon
The thick cut and regular bacon crunch perfectly in the air fryer. The thin cut takes a little less time, so insert it for 8 minutes; a thick cut can take up to 10 minutes. As to which bacon is the best, it’s up to you!
How to cook bacon in the air fryer
- Open your package of bacon and arrange in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. If you have racks, you can arrange the bacon on racks, but it’s okay if the bacon is a bit crowded in the basket.
- Bake at 360 ° F for 8-10 minutes, checking halfway to rearrange if necessary. Once crisp, remove and let cool slightly on paper towels or on a wire rack.
- Drain off any bacon fat to avoid smoking before cooking your next batch.
How to cook a whole package of bacon at a time
The best way to cook an entire package of bacon is to use air fryer racks. You can spread the bacon (it’s okay if it touches as it will shrink as it cooks) on the wire racks. To ensure even crispness, check halfway through cooking and rearrange the strips as needed.
Tips and tricks
- Cut your bacon in half – if you don’t want your bacon touching each other and you want to cook very quickly, you can cut the strips in half so that they lie flat in the basket.
- Use a wire rack to cook an entire package of bacon – I like to use air fryer racks so I can cook a whole package of bacon at a time. You will need to rearrange the bacon a bit halfway through the cooking to make sure everything is evenly crisp.
- Drain the bacon fat – if your air fryer starts to smoke too much, the bacon fat in the basket becomes too hot. Be sure to empty it before cooking subsequent batches of bacon.
- Let it cool down – bacon crunches as it cools, don’t let it get too crisp during cooking (unless you like it that way)!
Air Fryer Bacon
Fast and perfect every time!
- 12 oz bacon 1 pack, fine cut preferably, see notes
Arrange your bacon in the air fryer basket, a little overlap is acceptable, using grids if you have them to stack multiple levels.
Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 360 ° F, checking and flipping halfway. Remove bacon from basket, let cool and drain on paper towels or a wire rack. Be sure to dump any fat in the basket before cooking a second batch, if necessary
If you are using a thick cut, add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Air Fryer Bacon
Amount per serving (2 strips)
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value *
Saturated fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 20 mg7%
Sodium 330 mg14%
Potassium 0.01 mg0%
Carbohydrates 0.01 g0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.