This creamy lemon dill sauce is delicious on grilled and roasted vegetables, salads and more. Composed of 6 ingredients, it comes together in a few minutes.
This dill sauce recipe is from my favorite kitchen – the one where you open the fridge, look inside, and cook with whatever you have on hand. A few weeks ago I had a huge amount of fresh dill left over from making this avocado dressing and was looking for ways to use it. I had sprinkled dill on avocado toast and poached eggs before, tossed it in salads, and whistled it into a soup (seriously, that was a big bunch).
I had some wonderful asparagus that I wanted to cook too, and thought it would be nice to make a sauce to dress it up. My mind immediately turned to the kind of creamy lemon dill sauce that is often served with salmon. Wouldn’t that work just as well on grilled asparagus?
I got to work and a few minutes later I had a rich and flavorful dill sauce that I wanted to serve with all – roasted vegetables, steamed artichokes… hell, even fries! If you love dill like me, you must try this recipe. Easy, versatile and delicious, this is the one you will make over and over again.
Ingredients for the dill sauce recipe
You just need 6 ingredients to make this dill sauce recipe:
- dill, of course! It adds a fresh and tangy flavor to the creamy sauce.
- Yogurt – Many classic dill sauce recipes call for sour cream or heavy cream, but you won’t find any of them here. Instead, the yogurt creates the creamy base for the sauce. You can use regular or Greek whole milk yogurt, depending on your preference!
- Mayonnaise – For wealth. You can taste the mayonnaise here, so be sure to use a good one. I love Sir Kensington’s classic mayonnaise, avocado oil mayonnaise, and vegan mayonnaise. My homemade vegan mayonnaise would work here too!
- Onion powder and garlic – They add a depth of lively and flavorful flavor.
- And fresh lemon juice – To make it pleasant and bright.
Find the full recipe with the measurements below.
This dill sauce recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
Just add the ingredients in a small bowl …
and whisk until smooth!
This sauce is best cold, so refrigerate it until you are ready to use it. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will keep for up to 4 days.
Suggested portions of dill sauce
I love using this lemon dill sauce in three ways:
How do you like to use creamy dill sauce? Let me know in the comments!
More favorite sauces and dressings
If you like this recipe, then try one of these sauces or dressings:
Serves 4 to 6
This creamy lemon dill sauce is delicious on grilled and roasted vegetables, salads, steamed artichokes and more. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will keep for up to 4 days.
- ¼ Chopped off plain whole milk yogurt
- ¼ Chopped off Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder and dill. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve with roasted asparagus or check out the blog post above for more serving suggestions.