Twisted bacon is everywhere, it is invading the Internet. JK it’s not really but it’s having your moment in the sun. Twisted bacon is soft and crisp while remaining juicy. It’s a Tiktok trend and it’s super easy to do. Plus, who doesn’t love bacon?
Twisted bacon makes the perfect combination of crispy crispy bacon and soft bacon as the twist creates a tunnel – the inside of the twist is soft and tender and the outer edges end up being crisp. In a way, eating bacon that is not in its regular size makes it even more delicious. It’s perfect for a keto snack – in fact, the original viral hack was via @ house.of.keto and @lowcarbstateofmind
How to make twisted bacon
Making twisted bacon really is the easiest thing there is.
- Heat the oven. You will need a 350 ° F oven, so heat your oven while you twist your bacon.
- Line a baking sheet. Line a rimmed baking sheet (very important, make sure it’s lined so the bacon grease doesn’t spill all over the place) with parchment paper. This is how the bacon does not stick to the pan and it is also easy to clean.
- Twist the bacon. Take a strip of bacon and hold one edge down with one hand and use your other hand to twist it. Place it on the baking sheet and repeat.
- Cook. Place the bacon in the oven and cook until crisp, turning halfway through cooking.
- Enjoy. That’s it! Use a pair of tongs to remove any twists from the baking sheet on a wire rack or paper towels to let some of the bacon fat drain off and then enjoy.
All you need is a packet of bacon. I prefer a thick cut but it will work with any bacon.
How to twist bacon
Grab your bacon with your hands, hold one side, and use your other hand to twist it until it twists.
Twisted Bacon Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, you can make air fryer twisted bacon. It’s the exact same steps, just preheat your air fryer, place your bacon in the air fryer basket, and bake for about 8-10 minutes. The air fried bacon is really great! Check out more air fryer bacon tips here.
Tips and tricks
- parchment – use baking paper for easy cleaning. You can also use foil if that’s what you have.
- rimmed baking sheet – this one is important, do not use a flat baking sheet as you need the edge of the baking sheet to catch the bacon fat.
- you don’t need to space them – usually when making bacon you want to give them space to crisp it up, with twisted bacon you can nest them all next to each other.
- do not pour bacon fat down the sink – important !! let the bacon fat solidify on the baking paper then use the baking paper and fold it up and put it in the compost.
- Candied bacon: sprinkle with brown sugar or brush with maple syrup, it will caramelize into a sweet icing.
- spicy bacon: sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper for a little kick
- sweet and spicy: combine the sweet and the fire with the brown sugar and cayenne pepper
- peppered bacon: add a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- garlic bacon: sprinkle with garlic powder for a touch of garlic
The perfect combination of crisp, crunchy edges and the sweetness of bacon.
- 12 oz bacon 1 package, fine cut preferably, see notes
Heat oven to 350 ° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Hold one end of the bacon with one hand and use your other hand to firmly twist each strip of bacon. Place the twisted bacon on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake for another 20 minutes. Let the bacon drain on a rack for a minute or two, then enjoy!
Quantity per serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value *
Saturated fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 20 mg7%
Sodium 330 mg14%
Potassium 0.01 mg0%
Carbohydrates 0.01 g0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.