Shrimp and Avocado Tacos with Ceviche are tacos served with a cold topping of shrimp salad on corn or flour tortillas.
These tacos have a unique twist because they are served cold. This makes it a great recipe to enjoy on a hot day. The garnish also turns into a tasty salad. Consider serving it on lettuce leaves as a starter for your next dinner (with the added shrimp). Or grab some crisps and use them as shrimp / avocado / tomato salsa!
- lime juice
- green tabasco sauce (or green taco sauce)
- sea salt
- tortillas (corn tortillas are lighter, but you can also use flour)
- cooked shrimp
How to Make Ceviche Style Avocado Shrimp Tacos:
In a glass or ceramic bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, green Tabasco sauce and sea salt. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the recipe. It is normal to prepare this step an hour or two before serving. Simply wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and keep it cool.
NOTE: You can also choose to add the shrimp to this mixture and let them marinate together.
Soften your tortillas, as desired. You can use corn or flour. Divide the shrimp between the tortillas and top with the filling. Serve immediately!
What makes these “ceviche” tacos?
Traditional ceviche relates to raw fish that has been “cooked” in a citrus marinade. Since this recipe uses already cooked shrimp, it is not “technically” a ceviche in the traditional sense. But the lime juice combines with the shrimp to give it that ceviche flavor.
The topping is delicious on its own. But there are some things you can add to make it more of your style.
Suggested additions to the garnish:
- Add a little chopped mango.
- Chopped red onion or sweet onion is a nice addition.
- Stir in a few tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice for a citrus flavor.
- Add chopped jalapeño for a spicy touch.
I suggest serving these easy ceviche style shrimp and avocado tacos with fiesta rice and refried beans to finish your meal. Enjoy!
Shrimp and Avocado Tacos with Ceviche
This quick and easy topping for tacos can also be eaten in a salad!
Servings: 12 Tacos
- 2 big lawyers, peeled and diced
- 2 way Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Chopped off chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 big limes, hurry
- 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Twelve 6 inch corn tortillas (can also use flour)
- 1 grind medium cooked and peeled shrimp (frozen is fine – thaw, rinse and drain)
In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, tabasco and sea salt. Mix gently, then refrigerate while you prepare the tortillas. NOTE: alternately, you can mix the shrimp and let them marinate with the rest of the filling.
Reheat the tortillas however you like – heated in the oven or fried.
Divide the shrimp between the tortillas and top with the avocado mixture. Use immediately.
- * If you prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure you are using a brand of corn tortillas designated GF.
Portion: 1taco, Calories: 155kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: teng, Large: 6g, Saturated fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 95mg, Sodium: 415mg, Potassium: 287mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 189UI, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 87mg, The iron: 1mg, Blue WW smart points: 3, Green WW Smart Points: 4, WW purple smart dots: 3