Join the Love & Lemons Cooking Club Challenge in May! It’s easy to enter and one lucky winner will receive a prize. Find all the details below.
Last fall, I created the Love & Lemons Cooking Club to celebrate our wonderful community of readers. It’s super simple – every month I choose a recipe. You do, and you send me a picture. At the end of the month, I randomly select a winner to receive a prize.
I love the sense of community that comes from so many people making a recipe every month. We’re kicking off our May challenge today with our frittata recipe (see our vegan alternative below), and I hope you join in the fun! Here is how it works:
Join the Love & Lemons Cooking Club
- Each month, I choose a seasonal recipe. Sign up for our mailing list so you know as soon as I share each month’s recipe.
- Make this recipe during the month.
- Send a photo of it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by the end of the month. This time, the deadline is May 31!
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment (include your first and last name) on the Challenge Recipe blog post after submitting your photo.
At the end of the month, I will randomly select a winner and post all photos. This time we give a Staub 10 ” cast iron skillet (value $ 169) I use this pan DAILY. It’s perfect for frittatas, shakshuka, sautéed vegetables… so many things. Since it is coated with enamel, it is easy to clean with dish soap and water.
May recipe: a vegetarian frittata!
I often make this frittata recipe when I host my family for brunch. With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, I thought a lot of you might like to join in as well. But if you don’t make it this weekend, don’t worry! You have a whole month to make the recipe, and it’s just as good for lunch or dinner as it is for brunch. I have 5 vegetarian variations, but feel free to get creative here. Add the vegetables and herbs that suit you best!
This recipe isn’t vegan, but if you are, you can join the Club this month by making my Tofu Scramble instead. Follow the recipe as written or create your own by adding fresh vegetables. Stir-fried kale, roasted red peppers, and roasted broccoli would all be great additions!
Take part in the May challenge!
Want to participate? Here is what you need to do:
- Prepare my frittata (or tofu scramble) recipe during the month of May.
- Send a photo of it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by May 31st.
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment on the frittata (or tofu scramble, if you do that!) Blog post after submitting your photo. (One photo and one bonus per person – please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)
- Subscribe to our mailing list to find out next month’s recipe!
I will randomly select a winner and share all of your photos in early June.
Last month’s challenge
Speaking of sharing all your photos …
Last month’s recipe was my Caesar salad. I loved seeing all the different ways you made it your own. Here are some exchanges / additions that caught my attention:
- Laenie added pickled radishes.
- Jenni replaced the romaine with arugula and Belgian endives and added fennel for crunch.
- And Holly made croutons with toasted pita bread and threw in her crispy chickpeas with zaatar. Yum!
Now for the pictures!
And the winner of the month – Haley!
Take part in the May Cooking Club challenge in…
- Prepare my frittata recipe or tofu scramble during the month of May.
- Sending a photo to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com before May 31st.
- Leave a comment on the Frittata or Tofu Scramble blog post for a bonus entry after submitting your photo. (One photo and one bonus per person – please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)