This rich and flavorful lemon butter sauce is delicious on pasta, roasted vegetables and more. Composed of 5 ingredients, it comes together in a few minutes.
Earlier this spring, I started making this lemon butter sauce to serve with steamed artichokes. Since then, I’ve served it with so much more – pasta, roasted vegetables, couscous. It’s deliciously buttery and rich, with a crisp, flavorful flavor of lemon juice and garlic. You only need 5 ingredients to make it, and it comes together in under 5 minutes. I mean, why do not drizzle over everything?
Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe:
- Butter, of course! I recommend using unsalted butter here. This way you have full control over the seasoning. If using salted butter, or making this recipe with vegan butter, omit the salt and season to taste.
- Fresh lemon juice – Its lively flavor reduces the richness of the butter.
- Garlic – For a tasty flavor.
- And salt and pepper – To bring out all the flavors.
Find the full recipe with the measurements below.
How to use lemon butter sauce
Once you have this lemon butter sauce recipe in your back pocket, have fun experimenting with different ways to use it. It’s incredibly versatile and I think you’ll find it tastes great on all kinds of dishes. Here are some streaming suggestions to get you started:
How do you like to serve this lemon sauce? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Sauce Recipes
If you like this recipe, then try one of these easy sauces:
Butter and lemon sauce
This Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is rich, flavorful and so easy to make! Serve it over pasta, couscous, roasted vegetables and more.
- ¼ Chopped off Unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 soup spoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, For garnish
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Season with freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes, if using.
Serve with steamed artichokes for dipping or tossing with pasta. Check out the blog post above for additional streaming suggestions.
Make this vegan recipe using vegan butter. Because vegan butter is already salty, omit the salt and season to taste.