If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, Air Fryer Mushrooms are here for you.
Mushrooms sautéed in butter, garlic and cooked directly in the air fryer. Quick, easy, and full of flavor and texture. Sometimes I’ll make a jackpot and nibble on it. Sometimes I will even eat them as a meal. Garlic mushrooms are pure comfort foods: small, tender, juicy umami pops.
How to make air fried mushrooms
- Clean and trim. Clean and trim your mushrooms, making sure they aren’t too soggy. Cut them in half and dry them.
- Launch. Combine oil, soy sauce and garlic powder and add the mushrooms.
- Air fry. Heat the air fryer and when hot, add the mushrooms and air fry for 8-10 minutes, stirring or shaking in between.
- Enjoy. If you wish, add a little butter and freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
- mushrooms – clean, cut and halve the mushrooms of your choice.
- soya sauce – soy sauce adds a little color and a lot of umami.
- garlic powder – chopped fresh garlic can burn in the air fryer, so we are going to use dehydrated garlic to give us that garlic flavor that we need.
How to clean mushrooms
Try to choose mushrooms that are smooth and clean in the first place. I don’t like washing mushrooms because they easily discolour. I select the cleanest mushrooms, then brush them gently with a damp or dry mushroom brush / paper towel. If you want to wash your mushrooms, the best way to do this is to spray them and dry them in a salad spinner. Clean them just before using them.
- To put whole mushrooms in a salad spinner and spray until visible dirt is removed – don’t soak them!
- Turn the mushrooms will dry out and use a paper towel to soak up any excess water on the surface.
- Garnish down and cut in half.
Which mushrooms for air frying mushrooms?
I love how many varieties of mushrooms there are! To keep it simple, I used crimini / brown mushrooms but you can also go with:
- white button mushrooms
- portobelle mushrooms
- shiitake mushrooms
- Oyster mushrooms
- enoki mushrooms
- royal trumpet / oyster mushrooms
- maitake mushrooms
- shimeji mushrooms
Using a mushroom mix looks incredibly elegant and really makes air fried mushrooms crave. Serve them with homemade sourdough, high quality butter, and flaky sea salt for an easy yet impressive appetizer.
Which air fryer do you have?
If you are wondering what kind of fryer we have, this is this style. It is quiet and easy to clean and quite wide. We like it.
What to serve with air frying mushrooms
Mushrooms Air Fryer
Mushrooms sautéed in butter, garlic and cooked directly in the air fryer.
- 8 ounce mushrooms cleaned, trimmed and cut
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tea soya sauce
- 1/2 tea garlic powder
Mushrooms Air Fryer
Quantity per serving
Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value *
Large 14.3 g22%
Saturated fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 0.01 mg0%
Potassium 374 mg11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.