Join the Love & Lemons Cooking Club Challenge in June! It’s easy to enter, and one lucky winner will receive a prize. Find all the details below.
Last fall, I created the Love & Lemons Cooking Club to celebrate our wonderful community of readers. It’s super simple – every month I choose a recipe. You do, and you send me a picture. At the end of the month, I randomly select a winner to receive a prize.
I love the sense of community that comes from so many people who cook up a recipe every month. We’re kicking off our June challenge today with my new orzo salad recipe, and I hope you join in the fun! Here is how it works:
The prize: a $ 200 Whole Foods gift card
At the end of the month, I randomly select a winner and post all the photos. This time we are offering a $ 200 Whole Foods Gift Card!
If you need a dish to pass on at a picnic or barbecue this month, this recipe would be perfect. You can make it ahead of time (see the article on Orzo salad for my instructions!), And it’s always a crowd pleaser. Feta and olives fill it with a tangy and brackish flavor, tomatoes and cucumbers make it nice and fresh, and a tangy Greek vinaigrette ties it all together. It’s quite filling, thanks to the orzo and chickpeas, so it’s also a great recipe to take out for lunch.
To make this recipe vegan, omit the feta and season the salad with additional salt and lemon juice to taste. To make it gluten-free, substitute the gluten-free orzo or your favorite gluten-free short pasta.
Take part in the June challenge!
Would you like to come inside? Here is what you need to do:
- Prepare my orzo salad during the month of June.
- Send a photo to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com before June 30.
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment on the Orzo Salad blog post after submitting your photo. (One photo and one bonus entry per person – please leave your first and last name in your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)
- Subscribe to our mailing list for next month’s recipe!
I will randomly select a winner and share all of your photos in early July.
Last month’s challenge
Speaking of sharing all your photos …
Last month’s recipe was my Veggie Frittata, with my Tofu Scramble as a vegan alternative. I loved seeing all the different ways you made them your own. Here are some variations that caught my attention:
- Hannah made her frittata with broccoli, wild leeks (!!) and goat cheese.
- Alexis made a Mexican-inspired frittata with spinach, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers and queso fresco.
- And Kate made a super elastic frittata with asparagus, leeks and lots of fresh dill. So delicious!
Now it’s time for photos!
Our winner is Kaitlin who made a sweet potato, red pepper, black bean and feta frittata with cilantro and avocado. Yum!
Take part in the June Cooking Club Challenge by…
- Make my orzo salad during the month of June.
- By sending a photo to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com before June 30.
- Leave a comment on the Orzo Salad blog post for a bonus entry after submitting your photo. (One photo and one bonus entry per person – please leave your first and last name in your comment so I can match it to your email submission.)
Good food !